“a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.”**
At JBRIsh, which really is not gibberish, we enjoy a good pun as much as anyone and perhaps a bit more. Our readers, friends and others send them to us all the time. I thought it was about time that we shared those puns which we find most amusing. Of course your mileage may vary, but we do hope at least some of them bring a smile to your face. A good pun is a gem, but one that is not so good is just PUN-ishment!
- No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery.
- Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
- Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: ‘You stay here; I’ll go on a head.’
- A backward poet writes inverse.
- There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
Do you have a favorite pun or a real groaner? If so, send it along in the comment section and perhaps it will make our most appreciated list!
See previous Words Worth entries HERE