The Finale of the Peralta Trail Photo Essay
NOTE – Keep in mind that we took this hike and these pictures represent the trail as we saw it in December, 2009. The trail may have changed a bit since them and some of the flora may no longer be exactly where we are reporting, but this is a good representation of things you may find along the way. Perhaps you will find even more intriguing highlights.
Of course the large rock formations and mountains will remain largely unchanged.
After spending some time at the Fremont Saddle and having a snack, we wanted to head back to the trailhead. As you can note from the picture, the shadows were getting longer and with that the cool, soon to be followed by cold, December chill would be setting in.
Even the decaying plants add a beauty to the desert if we take time to notice and appreciate them. Desert life is hard and any plant or animal that can survive gains my immediate and ever-lasting respect.
This is the final post about our experience along the Peralta Trail, Gold Canyon, Arizona. If you like moderate hiking and a walk in a very different and beautiful landscape, I recommend it. Just be prepared, heed all warning signs and read about the hike before you commit.
Read more about the Peralta Trail HERE.
Previous posts and photographs in the Peralta Trail series in chronological order:
- Trailhead – Posted June 3, 2017
- Trail Sign – Posted June 4, 2017
- Rugged Terrain – Posted June 5, 2017
- Hands Up Saguaro – Posted June 6, 2017
- Mountains beckon hikers to travel upward – Posted June 18, 2017
- Window Rocl – Posted June 19, 2017
- Mountains in the distance – Posted June 20, 2017
- More rock formations – Posted June 21, 2017
- Interesting rock formations abound along the Peralta Trail – Posted June 21, 2017
- Saguaros appear along the trail – Posted June 23, 2017
- Human-like Rock Formation Posted June 24,, 2017
- Looking back down the trail – Posted June 25, 2017
- Another picturesque “window rock” – June 26, 2017
- Long view of Weavers Needle from the Fremont Saddle – Posted June 27, 2017
- A closeup of Weavers Needle – Posted June 28, 2017
- One last photo of Weavers Needle – Posted June 29, 2017
- Natural Beauty along The Trail – Posted June 30, 2017
All content on this blog is copyrighted by Jeffrey B. Ross with ALL Rights Reserved. While reference links back to JBRish.com are appreciated and encouraged, please acquire approval for any reproduction of original content from this website.
©Jeffrey B. Ross