NOTE – Keep in mind that we took this hike and these pictures represent the trail as we saw it in December, 2009. The trail may have changed a bit since them and some of the flora may no longer be exactly where we are reporting, but this is a good representation of things you may find along the way. Perhaps you will find even more intriguing highlights.
Of course the large rock formations and mountains will remain largely unchanged.
Saguaros greet hikers along the Peralta Trail
As in most areas where hikers might want to trek in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona, there are a significant number of saguaros along the Peralta Trail and they appear in clusters as well as individual specimens.
They seem to “greet” hikers as they ascend the trail to the saddle or beyond. Also notice the interesting shadow play of the saguaro in the foreground.
Read more about the Peralta Trail HERE.
Previous posts and photographs in the Peralta Trail series in chronological order:
- Trailhead – Posted June 3, 2017
- Trail Sign – Posted June 4, 2017
- Rugged Terrain – Posted June 5, 2017
- Hands Up Saguaro – Posted June 6, 2017
- Mountains beckon hikers to travel upward – Posted June 18, 2017
- Window Rocl – Posted June 19, 2017
- Mountains in the distance – Posted June 20, 2017
- More rock formations – Posted June 21, 2017
- Interesting rock formations abound along the Peralta Trail – Posted June 21, 2017
*All photographs Copyright by Jeffrey B. Ross with all rights reserved.