Hiking the Peralta Trail, Gold Canyon, AZ – 20160630
NOTE – Keep in mind that we took this hike and these pictures represent the trail as we saw it in December, 2009. The trail may have changed a bit since them and some of the flora may no longer be exactly where we are reporting, but this is a good representation of things you may find along the way. Perhaps you will find even more intriguing highlights.
Of course the large rock formations and mountains will remain largely unchanged.
Spent desert flower stalk
As I pointed out in one of the first posts about the Peralata Trail, there is an abundance of desert flora along the trail as far as the eye can see. There is beauty all around during the spring as cacti and desert trees bloom freely.
Once the bloom is over, some of the plants continue to provide aesthetic interest with their dry stalks, etc. I so appreciated this willowy structure highlighted against the dark, shadowy background in the picture above. It was truly striking! The lower group of plants sporting their colors of yellow and orange were supporting cast members.
Read more about the Peralta Trail HERE.
Previous posts and photographs in the Peralta Trail series in chronological order:
- Trailhead – Posted June 3, 2017
- Trail Sign – Posted June 4, 2017
- Rugged Terrain – Posted June 5, 2017
- Hands Up Saguaro – Posted June 6, 2017
- Mountains beckon hikers to travel upward – Posted June 18, 2017
- Window Rocl – Posted June 19, 2017
- Mountains in the distance – Posted June 20, 2017
- More rock formations – Posted June 21, 2017
- Interesting rock formations abound along the Peralta Trail – Posted June 21, 2017
- Saguaros appear along the trail – Posted June 23, 2017
- Human-like Rock Formation Posted June 24,, 2017
- Looking back down the trail – Posted June 25, 2017
- Another picturesque “window rock” – June 26, 2017
- Long view of Weavers Needle from the Fremont Saddle – Posted June 27, 2017
- A closeup of Weavers Needle – Posted June 28, 2017
- One last photo of Weavers Needle – Posted June 29, 2017
*All photographs Copyright by Jeffrey B. Ross with all rights reserved.