NOTE – Keep in mind that we took this hike and these pictures represent the trail as we saw it in December, 2009. The trail may have changed a bit since them and some of the flora may no longer be exactly where we are reporting, but this is a good representation of things you may find along the way. Perhaps you will find even more intriguing highlights.
Of course the large rock formations and mountains will remain largely unchanged.
Weavers Needle close up
A closer view of Weavers Needle from the Fremont Saddle on the Peralta Trail. Read more about this particular formation in the post of June 27, 2017 linked at the bottom of this entry.
Read more about the Peralta Trail HERE.
Previous posts and photographs in the Peralta Trail series in chronological order:
- Trailhead – Posted June 3, 2017
- Trail Sign – Posted June 4, 2017
- Rugged Terrain – Posted June 5, 2017
- Hands Up Saguaro – Posted June 6, 2017
- Mountains beckon hikers to travel upward – Posted June 18, 2017
- Window Rocl – Posted June 19, 2017
- Mountains in the distance – Posted June 20, 2017
- More rock formations – Posted June 21, 2017
- Interesting rock formations abound along the Peralta Trail – Posted June 21, 2017
- Saguaros appear along the trail – Posted June 23, 2017
- Human-like Rock Formation Posted June 24,, 2017
- Looking back down the trail – Posted June 25, 2017
- Another picturesque “window rock” – June 26, 2017
- Long view of Weavers Needle from the Fremont Saddle – June 27, 2017
*All photographs Copyright by Jeffrey B. Ross with all rights reserved.